Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Conversation to Follow

Keeping up with Educational Reform news can be a full time job. As a teacher, I follow numerous ed blogs and groups (not all ones that I agree with) on Twitter and FaceBook. I read the LA Times, Huffington Post, Washington Post, CNN and any other articles that make their digital way to me. Summer allows me to stay up late. When I finally close my laptop, I can still pick up my novel and read into the wee hours of the new day. My kids don't need to be anywhere at any particular time. We don't have homework or a need to pack lunches. There is always time in the morning to wash the dishes or do a load of laundry. There is even time to ramble on in a blog.

For those of you interested in news on National Education Reform and interested in 8 hours of sleep, take a peek at Bridging Differences, an Education Week blog by Diane Ravitch and Deborah Meier. Both women are highly regarded in the education world and often at odds on education policy. Their conversations on this blog will give you insight into the policy discussions happening now. If you want even more information, follow Education Week or check out the subject specific links on the website.

Do you have a topic or article for discussion? Post it on the Emerson Advocates. If you have questions about policies and how they will affect your child's education, share them here. Conversations move us forward. Michele

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for these sources, Michele. I'm ready to discuss the role of competition in public ed., different ways teachers can be evaluated, and what real reform looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the heels of these two links I stumbled on today...

    this one "The 10 Most INTELLECTUAL colleges"

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/07/intellectual-colleges_n_707087.html

    and "Why I don't believe in 'reform'"
    http://blog.ednewscolorado.org/2010/09/07/why-i-dont-believe-in-reform/

    What is a good education?

    ReplyDelete